3.19.2012

catch up, whew!

Such fun things have happened (since apple crisp) the past 2 weeks I can't ignore, so I'll post a photo timeline of the fun we've had lately.  It's been lovely.

Grizz game...


Babysitting my cute niece and taking her on a walking date with the Charlies...


A fun and blessed birthday with family and friends...


A fun wedding celebration at the zoo!

Grizz game vs Lakers... and highly disliking ALL faker fans... aka Kobe fans...


More babysitting and smelling the flowers...

The most enjoyable weekend (this past weekend) spent in Oxford with the Carters...  delicious food, fun shopping, beautiful weather, and great family...
Our little passenger...


First thing we had to do Saturday was take T-man to pick up this.... no comment.

We got this rug for a steal... I have a slight obsession with Kilim.
The store that had this rug had all these awesome "inside the house" flower arrangements in neat looking containers.  I loved how they all looked, but have always steered clear from inside plants.  Not sure why... I got a great concrete circle container for our circle table and was determined to re-create what they had in the store.  Those little pink guys are called "crown of thorns" and I love them!  Still have to add moss to cover up the little plastic pots.

Baby chicks!  I wanted some of these, and T just laughed.

Family walk to the park... Gibson stopped to smile for the photo with his momma...

Making sure his coyote is safe... Gibby loving shotgun...

The weather this weekend made us all so excited for spring and summer and planting flowers.  We looked ALL over Oxford for some planters for our back patio.  I wanted them to be tall and slender, but we just couldn't find any that we loved.  His parents surprised us by coming up right after we left because they were looking for some large forsythia shrubs.  We went over to Lowes, and there were the perfect planters.  Just what I was looking for, just sitting there, and an awesome price.  I finally got to plant my ranunculus bulbs in them yesterday!  The most interesting shaped bulb I've ever seen.

There was one other item that we searched all weekend for and finally found... but I'm going to save that for another post.

Such a perfect and refreshing weekend!  I can't tell you how much fun we are having in Memphis, and how much fun we have as a family with our little dog child.  This weather in Memphis has been crazy.  We never had a winter and it's already 60 in the mornings and 80 in the day... Wonder what summer will be like??

4 comments:

The Davis Daily said...

Love the pots ans great minds must think alike. Lincoln and i took a trip to Home Depot and spooted the ranculus bulbs too. I was planning on going back to get some. They are some very interesting bulbs! Love your new rug too.

Mike Hollihan said...

Can the Main Street Journal use the shadow picture of the three of you as the Picture of the Day for Wednesday? Linkback and attribution. Thanks.

Michael Roy Hollihan
Online Editor
Main Street Journal
http://www.mainstreetj.com

Martha said...

Yes of course!

Dudley said...

Good times, good times