7.07.2010

life as I know it.


Adopting little Gibson has been one of the best things that's happened to us (besides marriage of course).  I look at that cute little face and know that he really loves us.  He is my little shadow and while I think it's silly, I secretly love it.  Gibson lives in the moment, and ever since he has come to live with us, I've changed my way of thinking.

I used to hope for the next thing to come... getting married, buying a house, traveling, having a baby [in the future], but there is no need for that.  I was missing out on what was happening around me, and I wasn't appreciating life as it was [which was great]!

This sweet lil man has taught me so much.  If I'm having a rough day, he doesn't care, he'll just snuggle up in my lap and remind me that it doesn't really matter, it'll work out, just sit here and pet me and enjoy life as it is.

I'm just livin' life with my 2 boys and I love it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet message. i needed that!

Pam Carter said...

What a blessing you are to our family, sweet girl! Love you much!

Sophie said...

I am totally with you, girl. Doggies are the best.