2.13.2009

angry drivers

So, on the way to work this morning, I was in the right lane waiting to turn right onto Germantown Pkwy from Wolf River. They have built a new Taco Bell next door to that gas station on the corner, and I always think how nice that building is for a Taco Bell. Anyway, this has nothing to do with what my post.

So... There was a white minivan maybe 2 yards in front of me. There was an older man trying to exit the gas station on the corner, but the van didn't want to let him out. Yes, that's rude, but sometimes people are running late and don't let people out, you know you have done it before, too. So this man pulls out and is about to SLAM into the minivan, but the minivan keeps on driving, and the man keeps on pulling up and braking. He then begins to yell (I think I saw veins popping out of his forehead) and say many curse words and I can read his lips and everything he said. He then ZOOMS out of the parking lot hoping everyone else stops for him, and then goes all the way across traffic into the Perkins parking lot. I was so amazed at how angry this man was. I feel bad for him that he had such terrible road rage at 7:50 in the morning. Personally, I use my morning drive as a chill time (probably because I'm still asleep).


He looked WAY more angry than this man here, I'm telling you, envision veins in the forehead and a bunch of yelling in the car and hand motions like that.

I drove the rest of the way to work feeling really bad for this man. I hope that he has someone that loves him, especially this weekend.

2 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

Were either of the parties on their cell phones? Just curious. ;)

Martha said...

Well I know he wasn't, but I could not see the driver of the minivan. I guess it will continue to be a mystery.